Ok, so maybe these aren’t set in stone, and some are already shot down; but hey, what’s the fun in having no mystery to speculate on? Here are a few of my predictions we will see from Nintendo this year at E3.
- Ice Climber: Frozen Peak, a 3D platforming adventure for 3DS where Nana and Popo scale an imposing mountain in search of the mythical golden eggplant.
- Nintendo takes us back to 2002 with a double shot of Metroid in 2016: Metroid Prime 4, developed by Retro Studios for Wii U, and Metroid Dread, a 2.5D adventure for 3DS, developed by Monster.
- Pikmin 4 for Wii U.
- Nintendo announces a series of GameCube HD remasters for the next few years, including Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi’s Mansion, Eternal Darkness, and Baten Kaitos.
- Bayonetta joins in as Smash DLC (Hey, maybe they’ll mention this during the Nintendo World Championship! One can dream…even after the epic reveal of Ryu joining the roster.)
- Nintendo announces a title and some artwork for Zelda U.
- Mother 1 and Mother 3 released on the Nintendo eShop.
- Nintendo announces a Star Fox cartoon to air on Cartoon Network coinciding with the release of Starfox for Wii U.
- The Catalyst, an action game from Next Level games, is announced for Wii U.
And there you have it! Speculating is part of the fun when leading up to E3, so what are some of your predictions?